PAS 220 :2008
Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 220:2008 is a standard which specifies requirements for prerequisite programmes to assist in controlling food safety risks within the manufacturing processes of international food supply chains. This PAS is intended to be used in conjunction with ISO 22000, the internationally recognized standard for food safety management systems. ISO 22000 sets out specific food safety requirements for organizations in the food chain. One such requirement is that organizations establish, implement and maintain prerequisite programmes (PRP) to assist in controlling food safety hazards. PAS 220:2008 has been developed to be used to support management systems designed to meet the requirements specified in ISO 22000, and sets out the detailed requirements for those prerequisite programmes
Benefits of PAS 220:2008
- Food industry driven and developed and supported by key manufacturers and trade associations.
- Complements and aligns with ISO 22000, the internationally recognized food safety management system standard.
- Harmonizes prerequisite programmes best practice for food manufacturing.
- Meets the PRP expectations and requirements of food manufacturing stakeholders, including food retailers and foodservice providers.
- Fully integrates with other management system standards such as ISO 9001.
- Auditable - in conjunction with ISO 22000 - so organizations can demonstrate independent compliance with industry best practice.